WW I TV Productions and other mistakes

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

ArchFluffy

Re: WW I TV Productions and other mistakes

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah, The left handed look is do to a flip to make the on screen action look like one side fighting another and easy to understand. You can see this also in actual WWII news films where the Germans are racing right to left across the screen into France while British and American forces move left to right into Germany. It's easy to spot on a tank, for example, where the numbers are backwards.

Sometimes I think that the guys that arm the actors are trying but only go so far. Like the Arisaka rifles we might be looking at. The Japanese made a bunch of rifles for the allies to use to arm their quickly ballooning armies... But with some of the mistakes we see... maybe it's just that they needed a bolt action rifle to have a Turk actor use. I don't know.

But yeah, good eyes, guys.

Sometimes you can see that they are loading blank ammo onto the weapons. You can see the crimped ends with no bullet. I'm not pointing this out as a mistake b/c it's not. But more that they are trying hard instead of guys working the bolts and pulling the triggers and faking recoil and no casings ever ejecting and no reloading. :cool:

-Fluffy