Anybody sell anything on Gun Broker?

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Re: Anybody sell anything on Gun Broker?

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 am

They want a copy of my drivers license and a copy of a utility bill besides the credit card so they can collect their fees. I figured on the credit card but the other.....the copy of a drivers license and the utility bill. The utility bill particularly rankles. Back in the car business days that was the kind of stuff we asked of marginal credit people so we could shop some high interest financing for totally risky clients. I'm used to ebay which doesn't ask for more than an address and a means of paying. When I bought the rifle all Century needed was a credit card payment, my O3 license, and address to send it to. I'll think about this for bit. Maybe they just want firm hold of a seller in case the seller is some kind of felon or shady dealing character. Still put me off and more inclined now to the let the local shooting range sell on consignment or rent a table at a gun show. I'll think on it.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Well.......after thinking about it I've come to some conclusions. It's a commercial site. If I were to follow through, Gun Broker would have my..Name.. DOB.... address.... phone number....copy of my drivers license....copy of a utility bill... and my credit card information. Perhaps all important on their side for safeguarding against fraudulent sales. However, what if all of that information could be hacked from their stored information on me? It would leave me open to all sorts of bad things done mirroring me by bad actors with that much linked important information to use in doing it. Way too much private information to entrust a website with is my conclusion.

I'm over it. No Gun Brokers for me. Too risky.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:05 pm

You would have more fun at a local gun fair anyway AND you would probably get your payment up front PLUS you don't need to send it anywhere so no boxes either.
If you sold through the local range you would have to pay a commission same as Gun Broker but I doubt with all the paperwork..........
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Niner wrote:They want a copy of my drivers license and a copy of a utility bill besides the credit card so they can collect their fees. I figured on the credit card but the other.....the copy of a drivers license and the utility bill. The utility bill particularly rankles. Back in the car business days that was the kind of stuff we asked of marginal credit people so we could shop some high interest financing for totally risky clients. I'm used to ebay which doesn't ask for more than an address and a means of paying. When I bought the rifle all Century needed was a credit card payment, my O3 license, and address to send it to. I'll think about this for bit. Maybe they just want firm hold of a seller in case the seller is some kind of felon or shady dealing character. Still put me off and more inclined now to the let the local shooting range sell on consignment or rent a table at a gun show. I'll think on it.

Boy that is way more than they asked for when I set mine up about 8 years ago, back then all they wanted was a valid Credit Card,(preferably your own) and a pulse. :lol:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Not really surprised about the driver's license, one of the online ammo sellers won't sell to anyone
without a copy of your driver's license, don't remember which one. But the utility bill, that's a new
one on me.
Maybe with the way things are going about guns in this country, Gunbroker is circling the wagons and
really trying to cover their ass concerning liability??
I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.......if it ever does...... :shock:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm

They didn't ask if I had a FFL or not. Most ammo selling places online would take a FFL O3 license instead of a drivers license as sufficient. When I bought the gun I would have attempted to sell Century didn't need a drivers license or a copy of a utility bill. Gun Broker's needs and my comfort are two different things.

Whatever.... I'm not pressed to sell anything and have no need to do something I feel the least bit uncomfortable about.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 pm

I have bought ammo online at several places and only one wanted a Driver's license, the rest
just ship it after you check the box that you are at least 18.
That is another thing, online ammo sales, that the gun banners want stopped....... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Niner Delta wrote:Not really surprised about the driver's license, one of the online ammo sellers won't sell to anyone
without a copy of your driver's license, don't remember which one. But the utility bill, that's a new
one on me.
Maybe with the way things are going about guns in this country, Gunbroker is circling the wagons and
really trying to cover their ass concerning liability??
I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.......if it ever does...... :shock:

Reminds me of when the wife and I where going to refy the house back in 2010, after 3 hours of filling out paperwork and Fedex'ing it to them we received another stack of papers even larger, and this time they also asked for copies of our passports!
What in the hell did they think we where going to do, pack up and move our house to Romania :roll:

Needless to say we told them to shove it all up there asses, wasn't worth it to drop our rate from 4% to 3.15% :lol:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Niner,

I'm sorry that Gunbroker turned into such a pain. Things have changed a lot since I used it for selling.

:mad:

-ArchFluffy