Samco going out of business

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Samco going out of business

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:54 am

Samco has been around since before the high water mark of the milsurp hobby in the US. Seems some partner difficulty caused the auction to divide up the assets. But at this stage of the milsurp game there may be more practical reasons related to supply and demand. But looking at the auction pictures I never remember them offering some of the stuff they are showing.... like M1 Carbines for instance. However, I haven't looked at their website in years either.

Check it out if only for the photos of the stuff they have left. .

http://www.stamplerauctions.com/auction ... -firearms/
englishman_ca
Regular visitor

Re: Samco going out of business

Post by englishman_ca » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:22 pm

And that is how bolts get miss-matched. :(
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:16 pm

"OVIEDO/SPAIN MODEL 1916"........Spanish Mausers Model 1916
I was browsing through the inventory and noticed they have literally hundreds that have been in
their inventory since 1986, wonder why they sat on them for all these years?

Also a LOT of Argentine Mausers, Steyrs, M95 Mausers, BSA England NO I Mark III, Long Branch No 4 Mark I,
M-1 Carbines, and BRNO VZ24. All of these have been in inventory since the 1980s?????
Not to mention everything else in the inventory.......
There are 475 pages of inventory listed......... :shock:
I don't know how it will be sold, all in one lot, pallet lots, or........??
Wouldn't we love to just wander through the warehouse and pick out what we wanted to buy....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm

I think they are going to sell it to one bid for the total inventory. At least that's what one guy was saying at another site.

Reminds me of Springfield Sporters. But they had more interesting stuff. When they went out of business they opened it to bids for pallet loads. And they had rifles stacked like lattice work waist high. It was occasioned by the death of the owner. However his next of kin reopened the business for parts only. I'll attach some photos from their catalog back a year or two before they went out of business.
Attachments
one.jpg
two.jpg
three.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Wow, wouldn't you love to get into one of those places and just browse around...... :mrgreen:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:10 am

Apparently IMA have just bought the whole of Atlanta Cutlery's stock of the Nepal cache except for the Kukris
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 am

I saw that announcement, Duncan. But the other day I went to the Atlanta Cutlery site and they were still showing the Nepal rifles for sale.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:56 pm

The Samco Spanish Mausers at the auction must have been a mixed bag. I noticed a link to this post at a retailer's gun site. Seems he bought a batch of 55 of what remained of the Samco Spanish Mausers. According to his post.... what he got was mostly junk and he cautions buyers to beware of what is being sold from that auction inventory.

At least Samco had each rifle with a grade mark from crap to really crap on a tag with each rifle done in printed in easy to read black letters. It's Interesting that the dealer would go to the trouble to display his belated knowledge of what he bought at the auction. However....he doesn't say what he paid for them either or what he planned on doing with them.

http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/Span ... Samco.aspx
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:42 pm

"PreciseShooter carries a small selection of products which we personally research and use, and for which
we can guarantee the exceptionally high quality and price-performance ratio.
We primarily specialize on products for highly accurate target shooting.
If you are a competitive shooter who lives in Seattle area, you have come to the right place!"

From his web site, but I don't think he is talking about those rifles......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Those are some really rough looking rifles. And even though his store is only a couple of miles
from my son's house, I don't think I'll send him over there....... :lol: :lol: