Foyle's War question

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

bradtx
Contributing Member

Foyle's War question

Post by bradtx » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:02 am

Hi All,

A mystery series I've learned not to miss is Foyle's War. While the shows are well written, it's the history I've a question about...how accurate is it?

The rifles (No.1s and P14s) and military dress seem right, but what about some of the other items a guy from Texas may not be able to spot.

TIA, Brad
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 am

Well, just offhand I'd say it's pretty spot on. The civilian dress is much as I remember it as a child and the cars look right. If they do sneak in a post war car or two they are exactly the same as the prewar ones anyway.

I really enjoyed the series when it was shown here and my wife remarked that it must have been authentic as I was not making my usual comments :) :)

Eoin.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:08 pm

I always thought Foyles female driver, Sam, was a stereotypical caricature of an English woman, but apart from that it did seem to capture the atmosphere of the 40s. ( as i would have imagined it) as i am far to young to know anything about the war years Eoin :lol:

Joe ;)