Recent Tapatalk mass emails

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

How do you feel about Tapatalk emails?

Reflects solicited or unsolicited complicity in the sites that Tapatalk presides over.
No votes
Makes me think, falsely, that someone has responded to a string I posted in and following.
14%
I love getting them.
No votes
It's just junk mail. Means nothing one way or the other.
57%
It's crap and I hate the spam.
29%

Total votes: 7
Niner
Site Admin

Recent Tapatalk mass emails

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I guess I'm not alone in this. I've been getting emails from Tapatalk from various sites I belonged to over the years going back to previous owners of Tapatalk boards. All of the emails are of the same formula with a listing of multiple posts from individual sites enticing a click on a link.

How do you feel about this new advertising gimmick ?
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Recent Tapatalk mass emails

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Whatever you do Robert DO NOT go near Taptalk :evil: :evil: :evil:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:06 pm

They haven't found me yet....... :cool:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 pm

I posted a question at ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firearms board about how to delete any information Tapatalk has that keeps you in their spam list. No answer so far after three or four hours. Doubt if anybody has an answer. :(
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:37 am

Never signed up for Tapatalk, never saw the need, now even more than ever.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 am

I didn't sign up for Tapatalk. My site registration at sites..... before they were Tapatalk.... has become Tapatalk property with no clear path to resign membership. Some of the sites I haven't visited in years. The new provider as Tapatalk have taken ownership of previous site user information going back to Yuku at least.

Here is part of one from British Militaria site:
Top Discussions from British Militaria Forums
Martini chamber reaming
British Militaria Forums - vonxulu Hello all, lurking here for a while and finally joined the other day. I purchased a very well customized BSA Martini Cadet rifle 20+ years ago. It has Walnut Fajen stocks, and a wears an 8X Unertl scope. The rifle is chambered in .218 Mashburn Bee. She is a beautiful rifle and amazingly accurate. Sh Read More
Snider cadet price and accuracy
British Militaria Forums - Lcplneubs Hello all, New member here. I have the opportunity to buy a snider cadet rifle for $399 US. It is a mkll and is in decent condition. Bore and rifling are good on it, and looks to be a great shooter. My question is is this a decent price? And with the slow twist rifling, can I expect decent accuracy Read More
Finally...a P'53...
British Militaria Forums - jrmc75 I finally managed to come across a seemly (I hope) Pattern 1853 and prevailed over the clamoring mobs of other bidders at auction... At the moment, all I have is the auction house's pics, and I imagine it won't show up here until after the holiday craziness. At any rate, it's a bit later than I'd li Read More

Here's another from Parrallax Bill
Top Discussions from ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear
Please help I.D my VZ.24 rifle
ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear - trandazzo Hi, i am new to this site. I have been trying to id my vz.24 but haven't been able to i have a general idea but, I figured I would give it a shot. The pictures are kind of blurry i tried my best but from what i can see, left side receiver = HR 11282 ZBROJOVKA BRNO,A.S. VZ.24 Bolt Handle = 5619/ Read More
Please help I.D my VZ.24 rifle
ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear - trandazzo Hi, i am new to this site. I have been trying to id my vz.24 but haven't been able to i have a general idea but, I figured I would give it a shot. The pictures are kind of blurry i tried my best but from what i can see, left side receiver = HR 11282 ZBROJOVKA BRNO,A.S. VZ.24 Bolt Handle = 5619/ Read More
Tapatalk format?
ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear - WVchuck Is it just my computer, or has the format/layout changed to tapatalk? What the freaking aytch-EE-double/ell IS going on here?!?? It ain't just your computer brother! I took me a WHILE to find this and figure out how to reply to you. Are we going into some form of receivership? Is the site being Read More
Read More on ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firear
Read More
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:19 pm

I've been getting them in my junk mail and wondered what it was all about. I didn't click the links but I'll just block them now I know.
Joe
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Got a couple more from two different sites this morning. Then...I looked at the very bottom of the emails.... in fine print smaller than the body of the email text...there was an opt out choice. Looks like each site that sends them has to be opted out of one at a time. Have to see if the opt out works.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Still getting them. Maybe they are closed for Chinese holidays.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:34 pm

That explains a lot luckily I marked them as spam. Not sure that will keep them out of your mail box though.