Most produced firearms.

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Most produced firearms.

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Most produced firearms.

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Maybe interesting to look at.... but how much can you believe???
A few of the references are from 2017, but the rest are up to 17 years old...... :shock:
And we all know how much has changed in just the last few years, so I read this whole article
with a lot of reservations..... OK, actually I don't believe most of it.
Even if I believed the out of date material (which I don't), these lines at the bottom of
the article caught my eye, and all the article credibility went out the window........... :roll:

"Research into arms proliferation is often carried out by organisations with an interest in ARMS CONTROL and LIMITATION.

The aforementioned Small Arms Survey's mission statement asserts:

The proliferation of small arms and light weapons represents a grave threat to human security. The unchecked spread of these
weapons has exacerbated inter- and intra-state conflicts, contributed to human rights violations,
undermined political and economic development, destabilized communities, and devastated the lives of millions of people."

It's almost as if it were written by Democraps.......... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:01 am

Hard to believe but the 10 million Remington 870 shotguns is confirmed elsewhere as to number made. I got one.
You got one. All God's gun nut children...in the USA... have one. However, of the military guns listed in particularly, how many of those remain in existence? 17 million Enfield rifles still around? Probably most of that number have been long since been scrapped. Same with the Mausers and the Nagants and the ...whatever else.

15 million Ford Model T's were made. How many exist now? Of the ones that exist, how many run? What would be more interesting to know... and there is no way anybody actually has a reliable figure... is how many of various milsurps still exist intact today.
rice paddy daddy

Post by rice paddy daddy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

I have "a few" of the listed examples.
I find it interesting that the author/authors state that half of all the firearms in the world are in the hands of American citizens.
That sounds like an exagggeration.
There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
Winston Churchill
Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, Society of the 5th Infantry Division