I put a deposit on my first gun show table.

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Re: I put a deposit on my first gun show table.

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:04 am

Those Turks, Arch, used to come complete with bayonet and ammo pouches. Figured I could throw them in as lagniappe or use as a dickering point. Some people may see some added value in the bayonet.

Vern, I got a hundred of those plastic tags and I'll see how it goes with the inspection thing and what other people are actually doing. When I bought the rifles I'll be attempting to sell I bought them from Century or AIM or Springfield Sporters or somebody else and it was through the mail without ever looking down the barrel or even seeing the actual gun I was buying. Only thing I ever sent back was a 1911 pistol that was really crap.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:46 am

Didn't you buy an endoscope when I was buying one? Mine actually works on my phone so you could have that to hand and show the bore in detail if anyone wants to see it. :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:51 am

I bet you'll find some people like me are just happy to see milsurps at a gun show. I'm seeing more and more knives, t-shirts , and beef jerky.

And I like jerky.

Hey, wait. What about one or two of your old cameras? That might work petty well actually ;)

It's going to be an adventure and a learning experience for sure.

-ArchFluffy
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 am

The endoscope I have would work from a laptop.....but I'm not bringing it. I used to have a battery operated gizmo that was shaped like a ball point pen and had a clear plastic tube shape on the end that would light up. You put the lighted end into the barrel and looked from the other end. Don't know what happened to it..... but I'd think anybody anal about the barrel condition of rifles 75 to a 100 years old, would bring his own bore light.

While I'm thinking about it, last week I sent an email to the ATF requesting any law change information regarding my 03 and Alabama laws and gun shows. I sent an email to the ATF question line since I couldn't find an address of a local office. Got an email back that I would have to contact my regional office in Nashville. So I sent the Nashville office an email with the same questions. That was last Friday. Today is Thursday. Guess they are busy. No response.

In any case I looked up what I think is all I need to know on my own. There isn't much to know..... but it's important to abide by the rules just to be on the safe side of the law.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:56 am

You are right Arch, on the assortment of crap at a gun show. I once bought a baseball signed by most of the players of a now long gone minor league baseball team. It was one of my best buys. I used to follow that team and go to many of the games they played here in town.

Good idea on the cameras. Might be able to unload some of the surplus.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Put some prices on a dozen I'll take. Might add a couple more. Might not...depending on the size of the table.

Added up what I paid for them...some purchased going back to late 1990's, none from recent years, and I got a total for the dozen at just short of $800 in what I paid for them from major dealers like Century, etc. Then I added up the prices I tagged them. My numbers are 15 to 20% lower than what online gun auction sites had them listed for. Of course online asking prices are long term fishing prices to a potentially larger audience.....but they also are actually larger than they seem to be because of shipping and licensed dealer fees that have to added. And....they may never sell, depending on what the actual market is. Yet....my asking prices, when added up, equal to about $3000. Of course that's all wishful thinking until somebody shows some interest in any of them and then the negotiation begins.
Attachments
DSC08301.jpg
DSC08302.jpg
DSC08304.jpg
englishman_ca
Regular visitor

Post by englishman_ca » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Good prices.

Those would not be on the table for long if they were up here in Canada.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks, Englishman. I guess I'll find out pretty soon now how it is going to go.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:16 am

:shock:
Attachments
images.png
images.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 6805 times
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 am

I'd take one of those Ishapores, good luck with the sale.