Our laws ain't stupid, but...

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Aughnanure

Our laws ain't stupid, but...

Post by Aughnanure » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Police prosecutors have dropped a charge against a soldier who caused panic after jogging through suburban Brisbane with a gun-shaped object last year.

A full-scale police response was launched after 26-year-old Nicholas Paul Latham was spotted running through Rochedale South wearing camouflage clothing and carrying the object in December last year.

Several schools were shut down and Mr Latham was eventually tackled by police.

He told police it was all a misunderstanding as he was training with a metal object shaped like a gun, but was charged with public nuisance.

His matter went before the Holland Park Magistrates Court on Brisbane's south side this morning, where prosecutors dropped the charge.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-09/c ... le/7151690

As an Australian I feel a tinge of collective embarrassment :oops: :oops:
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Our laws ain't stupid, but...

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Don't feel alone............
Quotes from American politicians............. :roll: :roll:

Vice President Joe Biden..... "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to
keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)....) "We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with
more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines."

Former Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington (D-NY)..... “Come on. This is crazy. … But some of these bullets
have an incendiary device on the tip of it, … which is a heat seeking device.
So you don’t shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do, you could cook it at the same time.”

Sacramento City Councilwoman Sandy Sheedy.... “There are a lot of people that have been shot by an unloaded gun and
whether it’s loaded or not, it still presents a threat.”

Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO)... “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re
going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease
dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Well, you get the idea.......
And the scary part is that people in various parts of this country thought that voting for these idiots was a good idea...... :shock: :shock:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Well, you get the idea.......
And the scary part is that people in various parts of this country thought that voting for these idiots was a good idea...... :shock: :shock:
But Vern... you don't know who they were running against. They could have even been crazier. Scary thought... but
I just looked in the paper and checked out who is running for various offices in my neck of the woods. Some of them ought to be on the Homeland Security and department of mental health watch lists.... and aren't any of them likely to be Muslim terrorists either. :loco: :AL:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:22 pm

True, I don't know who some were running against, but the one thing they all have in common.......
every one of them is a Democrat.......hmmmm......I think I see a pattern forming......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.