I don't know what the real answer to crazy mass killers is

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Aughnanure

Re: I don't know what the real answer to crazy mass killers is

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 pm

The very best way to stop an armed killer is someone with a gun, as teachers are in the immediate line of fire, are on the spot (in more ways than one), then they should be allowed to carry a pistol for the defence of their students and themselves.

There is not much point in throwing their cell phone at the killer, even though that's its most practical use.

!8 of the States have already legislated to allow teachers to be armed.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Several companies have cut ties with NRA, but Fed-Ex is sticking with them, haven't heard from UPS... yet.

Locally, the crooks in the WA state legislature have passed a bill on bump stocks, the governor has said he will
sign it today or tomorrow.. it bans the sale starting in July 2018, and sale or possession is a felony starting July 2019.... :shock:
There was talk maybe of some sort of buy-back, but it's just talk so far.
Next up is legislation to raise the age to buy ANY gun to 21. Although I don't really have a problem with these laws,
I just hate to see them passed because once the anti-gunners get one passed, they will keep it up until we have
no rights or guns at all..... except the criminals of course....... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 pm

The voting age in the US was changed under Nixon to 18 since draftees under the age of 21 were in combat in Vietnam. Maybe if the politicians today would pass an amendment, along with upping the age of gun ownership to 21, that would mandate that nobody can join the military until they are 21. Of course that will never happen. Once someone is in the military often they are trained and given access to weapons more deadly than a semi auto store bought M15 clone and turned loose on all sorts of people in third world countries at the command of the military. Nobody questions this use of 19 and 20 year olds.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 am

Just seen this in the Telegraph......
Attachments
Screen Shot Duncan 03-03-18 13-38-30.JPG
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 pm

In Pensacola Florida an actual PAC has put up a sign too. Guess it will remain under the heading of freedom speech.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/20 ... 388951002/

Going back to that Fedex mention as standing by their NRA support. It couldn't be bolstered by the fact that any pistol purchase deal requiring shipment must go through Fedex now days could it?
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 7354 times
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 pm

UPS will ship a pistol, but only Next Day Air.
FedEx and UPS are quibbling about each others ties to the NRA....... :roll:

This from CNN on 2/28/2018............

" UPS said in a statement Wednesday that it is not a sponsor of the NRA and that it does not offer a special discount for NRA members.

That comes after its competitor, FedEx — itself fielding criticism from activists for standing by its NRA shipping discount — accused UPS of having a relationship with America's top gun lobby.

"For shipping from its online store, the NRA uses UPS and not FedEx," FedEx said on Tuesday.
UPS maintains that it's a "common carrier," and that if a shipper like the NRA "is engaged in lawful conduct, has an item that is legal to ship, and agrees to the company's terms and conditions regarding the shipment, UPS will transport their shipment from origin to destination."

Both UPS and the U.S. Postal Service are listed as shippers for the NRA online store, which "includes accessories such as ball caps, T-shirts, holsters and hunting and sporting goods merchandise," UPS added.

On Wednesday, FedEx said that UPS provides "discounted shipping rates to the NRA, which uses UPS for shipping."

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:38 am

Looks like the Fedex overnight on pistols is not exclusive to them any longer. :oops: See SOG will ship a pistol by the Post office if requested. The Post Office is getting more and more like UPS and Fedex all the time. Guess not enough junk mail these days. I've been getting Amazon orders by mail that used to come by UPS.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:07 pm

According to the ATF website, handguns are not mailable.
But what I didn't know was that anyone can mail a long gun to anyone within the same state.....

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-non ... al-service

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:13 pm

That's what I thought Vern. I thought the over night air was the only way..... and Fedex with the monopoly. But got an advertisement from Southern Ohio Guns. At the bottom of the page link....

http://www.southernohiogun.com/

The Post Office is really changing. I looked out the window today and noticed a US mail truck sticking something in my mailbox.... It's Sunday. Went out to fetch it and it was something my wife ordered online. Maybe the Post Office will step it up a notch and do like UPS and bring the package up to the front door and ring the bell one day.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

The ATF doesn't seem to agree with SOG, but USPS seems to say OK to ship C&R handguns between C&R holders
... and other handguns between dealers and makers............

From USPS website.....

"432.23 Manufacturers, Dealers, and Importers

Handguns may also be mailed between licensed manufacturers of firearms, LICENSED DEALERS of firearms,
and licensed importers of firearms in customary trade shipments, or for repairing or replacing parts."

But non-C&R handguns have always had to be shipped to your local dealer anyway, haven't they?

And yes, around here Amazon contracts with USPS for Prime deliveries on Sunday, have gotten several things on Sun.