The National Rifle Association and latest news

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner
Site Admin

The National Rifle Association and latest news

Post by Niner » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 am

It seems like the NRA not only buys and supports certain Republican politicians but it gets so carried away with it that it has given away a lot more money than it has been taking in. In fact, it is reported that they gave away 54.4 million to Republicans in 2016. Of that total 31.2 million went to Trump. Much of their money was funneled through a 501C dark money account as well.

So when you get one of those NRA requests for money because the world is coming to and end just stop and ask yourself if the end justifies the means.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/0 ... ight-year/

Now this doesn't mean that the anti gun forces aren't buying their share of politicians as well. No doubt they may be buying more of them....only Democrats . The sad thing is that politicians aren't in office to do what is right or plainly lawful and actually benefit the people that actually voted for them. They work for the organizations that buy them. And the people that do the buying aren't interested in what the law says but in how they can do whatever it is they want to do in spite of the law as it exists or what the greatest good for the greatest number may be.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The National Rifle Association and latest news

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:35 pm

As I have said before.....this country has the best congressmen money can buy...... :roll:

So I might as well buy the ones that agree with me........ :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The National Rifle Association and latest news

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Niner Delta wrote:As I have said before.....this country has the best congressmen money can buy...... :roll:

So I might as well buy the ones that agree with me........ :mrgreen:

Oh so true and everywhere around the world...........
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.