Fat Smitty's

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Fat Smitty's

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 pm

There is a mom&pop cafe about 20 miles east of here called Fat Smitty's, it's been around at least since
the 50's, under a couple of names. For whatever reason back in about 1984, people started pinning money
to the walls and ceiling, even a few on my dollars over the years. In 2012 they took all the money
down off the walls only, ceiling untouched, and gave it to charity........... $10,300.
It is now 3 years later and the place looks like this.......again.
They are famous for their "Smitty Burger", and it is great. Triple bun, double patty, bacon burger with
everything on it........ Each burger patty is the size of a Mickey D's bun...
I stopped there for dinner on my way back from the VA dental clinic, 100 miles each way.... :( , and
took a few photos. I wonder how many little kids make it home with a pocket full of ones, the walls
are covered right down to the floor.

Since I am such a health conscious person, you can see my glass of milk, and I further made sure
they left off the bad 1000 dressing and used a "healthy" double shot of mayonnaise instead........ :cool:
Hard to believe that I take such good care of my body.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Fat Smitty's

Post by Niner » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:32 pm

I've seen places with dollar bills pinned to the wall... but nothing like that.

How far is it to your cardiologist? Just in case you eat all of that burger.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Fat Smitty's

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 pm

This was on the front page of the local news rag today, they made quite a haul........... :mrgreen:
$26,582. and they didn't even touch the ceiling... :shock:

Attachments
Fat Smittys.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.