Jap beer on Memorial Day

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Jap beer on Memorial Day

Post by Niner » Mon May 30, 2016 11:28 am

Sapporo beer was the same price as the Corona yesterday so I thought I'd give it a try. It's Japanese you know. Well... not all that Japanese as it is made in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Just like the Mercedes made in Alabama and the Honda, Toyota, and whatever foreign car is made in the Right to Work South where the wages are lower and the import tax is waived. General Motors and Ford are moving plants to Mexico where the wages are even lower and obviously import taxes are no problem for American companies.. but I get off the subject.

Sapporo has a light taste...like the Mexican and Caribbean country beers as well as some American beers like Coors. But... it seems a step above most of the competition in a smooth taste that also tastes like beer. I think I'll buy this brand more often now that I've tried it.

Hey.. it's Memorial Day. Think I'll go put John Wayne and the Sands of Iwo Jima in the DVD player and crack open another Sapporo.
Attachments
DSC01163.jpg
La Crosse.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Jap beer on Memorial Day

Post by Niner Delta » Mon May 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Last night I watched John Wayne in "In Harms Way" (1965), but no beer...... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.