WORLD GIN DAY

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

WORLD GIN DAY

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 am

QUOTES TO CELEBRATE WORLD GIN DAY......

And since gin to artifice bears the same relation as tears to mascara, her attractions at once dissembled...' - Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's

“Gin and drugs, dear lady, gin and drugs.” - T.S. Eliot, when asked about inspiration

"The proper union of gin and vermouth is a great and sudden glory; it is one of the happiest marriages on earth, and one of the shortest lived." - Bernard DeVoto

"A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin then waving it in the general direction of Italy." – Noël Coward

"Red meat and gin." – Julia Child, on the reasons for her longevity

“I like to have a martini/Two at the very most/ After three I'm under the table/ After four I'm under my host.” ― Dorothy Parker

"When a man who is drinking neat gin starts talking about his mother he is past all argument." - C.S. Forester

"I exercise strong self control. I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." - W.C. Fields

"I'll stick with gin. Champagne is just ginger ale that knows somebody." ― Hawkeye from M*A*S*H

“The gin and tonic has saved more Englishmen’s lives, and minds, than all the doctors in the Empire" - Winston Churchill

"The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron" ― Phyllis Diller

"I don’t know what reception I’m at, but for God’s sake give me a gin and tonic." – Denis Thatcher

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine" - Casablanca
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: WORLD GIN DAY

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:30 am

So I take it you have laid in a supply for the occasion? :bigsmile:

Today is ice tea day in some parts of the US. Some restaurants are not charging for ice tea today in celebration. Maybe some establishments will add in a little gin.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:09 pm

I agree with Sir Winston, hard to beat a good Gin And Tonic............ :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:33 am

I can't stop laughing at Noël Cowards................................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:19 pm

I have heard the perfect martini was to fill the glass with gin and wave a
bottle of vermouth over it........... similar idea........ :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.