The Yeti thing

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The Yeti thing

Post by Niner » Sat May 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Yeti makes coolers and various drink holders. In my part of the country they are very popular and kind of a in the know fad. The ice chests they make are good and really expensive and people don't leave them in the bed of their trucks unguarded less they be stolen by fashionable thieves.
I bought a drink holder for my wife a year or so ago because she has a thing about her beer remaining ice cold long enough for her to sip it empty. I got some can beer the other day, usually I get bottles and put them in an insulated sock, but there was a special on cans and the Yeti does cans or bottles. So .. since my wife really doesn't like the holder for various reason that I don't share, I tried out the Yeti.

One thing about the Yeti is... it ain't cheap. This aluminum canister cost $25 ,although you can get them on sale on and off for less. For what I paid for it I could have gotten a case of better beer than I usually drink. But...I digress.

In any case. With a full beer it weighs in at 22 ounces. Without a beer it's about 9 ounces.

Bottom line... it keeps the beer relatively cold. The down side is the weight and that you can't tell how much you have left by lifting it. You get down toward the actual bottom and it feels like you have half a beer left. But... whatever. :bigsmile:
Attachments
DSC07088.jpg
Yeti.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The Yeti thing

Post by Niner Delta » Sun May 28, 2017 7:53 pm

I still have some of these sleeves left over from living in AZ, I just keep a couple in the fridge
next to the beer. Even though they have Coors Light printed on them, I don't drink that water... :cool:
Usually it's Dos Equis Amber....... :D

Attachments
DSC01318.JPG
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 28, 2017 9:00 pm

My wife likes Coors Light. Like you, I think it would be cheaper to just drink water and the water would taste better.

But... what you need is a beer cozy... is that what they call them?..... that has a bottle opener on the back for those upscale beers without the screw on top. :D
Attachments
orange.jpg
DSC07090.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Mon May 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Mine don't have the built in bottle opener, I just have several openers stuck to the
door of the fridge with magnets, that's where I open them...... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.