BELGMART CALLED ROUND!

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

BELGMART CALLED ROUND!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:55 pm

belgmart was visiting Vinexpo in Bordeaux and called at the house for an evening meal yesterday. He very kindly brought some Belgian Beers with him and so some were sampled and some are waiting to be sampled.
It was good to see him and put a face to a name. :)
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BELGMART CALLED ROUND!

Post by Woftam » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Always nice to put a face to a name. Although if the Skype video thing gets going some of us may be having nightmares :mrgreen:
More seriously, I find if you've actually talked to someone face to face you don't run into as many problems interpreting their written word on the 'net where there are no other clues (facial expression, voice tone, body language etc) to go by.
BTW Duncan I sent a Skype request thingy to you. At least I hope it was you :shock:
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: BELGMART CALLED ROUND!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:43 am

Woftam wrote:Always nice to put a face to a name. Although if the Skype video thing gets going some of us may be having nightmares :mrgreen:
More seriously, I find if you've actually talked to someone face to face you don't run into as many problems interpreting their written word on the 'net where there are no other clues (facial expression, voice tone, body language etc) to go by.
BTW Duncan I sent a Skype request thingy to you. At least I hope it was you :shock:
Yes, it was me, I replied straight away Graeme.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.