Breakfast

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Aughnanure

Breakfast

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 am

En-route to Brisbane to pick up my son for the holidays I stopped at a cafe that I'd tried once before and where the service and the food were great, ordered the same as before, scrambled eggs on toast and a mug of coffee (none of your wee cups here).
Didn't see the fly till I looked in the camera
Didn't see the fly till I looked in the camera
Wouldn't have made any difference anyhow!
Wouldn't have made any difference anyhow!
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Breakfast

Post by Niner » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:19 am

That's interesting. Never thought of scrambled eggs on toast. I sometimes eat poached eggs on toast. I like the yellow to run so that it soaks into the toast while the white is more or less firmly cooked.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Add a little ketchup and that is one of my favorite sandwiches, and even better if you add some bacon. Good choice.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Not keen on scrambled egg myself, i prefer mine fried, or even better, soft boiled so i can dip my "soldiers" in them. :D

I don't mind a bacon and egg banjo now and again, trouble is they can get a bit messy if your not careful. :mrgreen:

Joe
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 am

One of my favorite breakfasts is at a local hole-in-the-wall cafe.
Four biscuit halves laid out flat, 2 sausage patties on them, covered with gravy, and 3 scrambled eggs on the top. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :bigsmile:

Vern.

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:03 pm

NOTHING in the world comes close to a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST, believe me Gentlemen.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Classic-Ful ... -Breakfast

:ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG: :ENG:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm

I like that link, Duncan. Don't know if I would want any deviled kidney or kedgeree for breakfast. Did find it interesting that beans were on the menu for breakfast and that "Beanz Meanz Heinz" is a popular commercial. Henry Heinz started his 57 varieties in Pennsylvania you know.

I'll attach my idea of the All Star "American" breakfast. Two eggs as you like them, bacon or sausage, grits or hashbrowns, toast, waffle and coffee. $6.95 at a Waffle House near you.
Attachments
wafflehouse.jpg
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

NOTHING in the world comes close to a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST, believe me Gentlemen.
I dunno Duncan, I've come close to a few in my time. Had 'em surrounded in fact. :bigsmile:
My only complaint is PORK sausages, who in their right mind eats bloody pork sausages :mad:
Sausages should be beef, not bloody PORK.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 am

A good breakfast for sure. EXCEPT who in thier right mind would eat fish or guts (kidney) for breakfast. That's just nasty.
Anyone that would eat fish or guts for breakfast, would probably be dumb enough to play football without a helmet!! :loco:

(Sorry Robert, sometimes I just can't stop myself. :mrgreen: )

Vern.

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 am

"Sausages should be beef, not bloody PORK."

Obviously not born in Dixie. Pork sausage is the only kind......unless you are talking kosher beef hot dogs, which nobody eats for breakfast, even Jews in New York. :rebel: :bigsmile: