Memorial Weekend Food

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

oneshooter
Regular visitor

Memorial Weekend Food

Post by oneshooter » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 pm

A tadtion at the Oneshooter house is Smoked Brisket and Beef Ribs. Thake a fair sized beef Brisket and trin oit side fat to 1/2", the dogs love that extra in their food!
Soak in beer for 8-10hrs. Remove from soak and pat dry. Rub in Wostershire sauce all over , then rub with onion and garlic powder. Start your fire, oak only, and soak your Mesquit chips in hot water for 30min. while the pit warms up.
Place your meat on the pit with a small pan of water beneath. This is to prevent the meat fron drying out. Put wet chips on fire and close pit. It should smoke at 150-200deg for 8 hours. Continue to add wood and wet chips to maintain tenp and smoke. Remove meat and wrap in two layers of foil. Return to pit and increase heat to 300deg. Cook for 2-3 more hours.

Remove meat and unwrap, drain off fat ( the dogs love this too!) and split brisket at center fat line. Thin slice, add sauce( if you want to, I don't) slise a sweet onion, some dill pickles, and raw, or pickled jalepeno, and ENJOY!!!

As for the beef ribs. Trim fat, rib with same as Brisket, place unwrapped on pit and smoke for 6 or so hours. When the meat pulls away from the end of the bone they are done.

Texas style cookin!

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas :TX: :salute:
'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' --
- Ronald Reagan-
------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS is my RIFLE
THIS is my GUN
THIS is for KILLING
THIS is for FUN!
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Memorial Weekend Food

Post by Niner Delta » Sat May 29, 2010 2:11 am

My kind of food, that sounds soooooooo good. What time is dinner?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
oneshooter
Regular visitor

Re: Memorial Weekend Food

Post by oneshooter » Sat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Add a big bowl of German Style hot potatoe salad, a fresh green salad, home made Travel Bread, Lots of Iced Tea, or your preffered adult beverage. Eat till you roll around the yard like a ball!

Oh! And don't forget the Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream!!!!!!

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas :TX: :salute:
'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem' --
- Ronald Reagan-
------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS is my RIFLE
THIS is my GUN
THIS is for KILLING
THIS is for FUN!