The old days.......

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

The old days.......

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Found this in a box in the garage, no idea where it came from.
It's a real sign that times have changed, not necessarily for the better. :roll:

A real METAL knife that you got with your meal on the plane, back when you got a real meal that you had to cut up.
The other side is serrated and was actually sharp when new.
The logo is United Air Lines, but back then they all had metal silverware.
Those days are gone forever. :(

Vern.
Attachments
United1.JPG
United2.JPG
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The old days.......

Post by Woftam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:28 am

Nice knife.
We even get plastic cutlery in the Cafeteria at work these days. I think that says more about the cooking though :bigsmile:
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Sarge
Regular visitor

Post by Sarge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 am

Yep those days have been gone for 20 yrs or more.
Some where around here I have 3 or 4 different pieces of metal silverware that I carried of of different airlines. Don't think any are from the same airline, infact I'd bet some of those airlines are no longer flying the firendly skies.
Sarge
:rebel:
Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 am

Back in my late 1960s Army days, I flew around the country quite a bit, my favorite was Braniff, cool colored planes and the best looking 'stews'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Sarge
Regular visitor

Post by Sarge » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:54 am

Yep, I got a few flights with Braniff - I always referred to them a Barn Roof Intermountain. Don't remember why.
I'd have to dig thru stuff, but "I think" my first commercial flight was with them - on my way to Lackland AFB for flight school in 1958.
Sarge

:rebel:
Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 am

Singapore Airlines still has metal knives, forks and spoons but on the leg into Sydney they change to plastic :shock:
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.