Carlsberg Elephant

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Carlsberg Elephant

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm

I turned 21 about 3 weeks after I got there, waited for years to celebrate my 21st birthday and go drinking......legally. :mrgreen:
I spent it pulling Sgt of the guard on the burm at Dong Tam, big whoopie. :evil:

Didn't think they would check at Class-6 store, but then, I never got to go there.
Still seems wrong that we could fight in the military, but not vote or buy a drink. At least they can vote now at 18.
Remember before the mid-80s, when each state set their own age for drinking. I was 19, stationed at
Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland and we would go into DC and drinking (beer only) at Georgetown, that was really cool to
me as my home state was 21. Hawaii was 20 when we lived there, so my wife got to drink when she got there.
It sounds silly now, but at the time it was a big deal. :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.