Grilling time of the year. Got any favorites?

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Grilling time of the year. Got any favorites?

Post by Niner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 pm

One of the family favorites is chicken kabobs on the grill. Not much to it. Get some boned chicken breasts. Chop into whatever size pieces you like. Add a few of your favorite vegetables and put it all on a skewer and place on the grill.

I picked up a package of boned chicken breasts. A little over 2 pounds for four people. I also got a carton of fresh mushrooms and a bell pepper. I added a Vidalia onion and I had all the ingredients. Then I cut the meat up into chunks about an inch thick on side that goes on the kabob and two and a half or so that centered on the skewer. and seasoned with some garlic and herb spices. Next take cut up onion slices and and cut up bell pepper and put on a plate. Add some washed whole mushrooms to the pile. Then string the ingredients by turn as a kabob.

Next was to put them on the grill over a charcoal fire, after first spraying the grill with PAM to keep the meat from sticking. I basted the meat...and particularly the mushrooms with melted butter to keep the mushrooms moist. Then let them cook for about ten minutes and turned them and bushed on more melted butter.

After about 40 minutes, turning every ten minutes during the cooking....times will vary with heat and sizes of the meat chunks.. and it was done. You want it done but not dried out. You might want to cut into a large chunk when you think you are almost there to test for doneness.

After the main course was on the table a bowl of melted garlic butter was also put on the table for those who wanted to add a little for sauce.
Attachments
IMGP0968.jpg
IMGP0970.jpg
IMGP0972.jpg