Dos Equis

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Dos Equis

Post by Niner » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 pm

This is another well advertised beer on tv. I like the commercials.... the most exciting man in the world. big foot has taken a picture of him. He doesn't drink beer often but when he does....

This Mexican beer has a nice clean mild taste. You can tell it's beer and not bottled water though. A nice pleasant lager. Good beer for the hot days of summer.

The idea of the two X's was to commemorate the coming of the twentieth century back in 1897 when the company started in business.
Attachments
DSC01807.jpg
DSC01809.jpg
Aughnanure

Re: Dos Equis

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 am

You don't drink it out of a bloody plastic 'glass' do you?

A good beer deserves the thinnest of quality glass to do it justice.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 am

That's not a plastic glass...that's a stadium cup. It's a take home cup from a beer I drank at a Mobile BaySharks baseball game a long time ago. The cups hold up well in the dish washer after untold number of washings. The local professional baseball team is now the Bay Bears and a double A club in the Southern League now part of the Arizona Diamondback franchise.

Just checked the junk in the garage....guess what?
Attachments
DSC01812.jpg
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:25 pm

I stands corrected and offer my apologies to you, Sir, and to your glass :)
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:28 am

There are a few places around here that has Dos Equis Amber on tap, had one tonight at a Chili's Restaurant.
The Amber is darker and has a more German lager taste to it, it's one of my favorites.
Both are brewed in Mexico, the Amber by Heineken, the other by MolsonCoors.
Pretty soon there will only be one brewer left in the world and they will just call it "Beer"... :roll:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:52 am

Budweiser, America's "king of beers" is now owed by the Belgium-based company InBev. I had a few shares of Bud when the deal was made and was bought out for a couple of bucks more per share than what I paid for them. Probably made enough to buy a couple of cases of the stuff. But... I don't like the taste of Budweiser actually. Of course if someone offered me one for free...well ....that would be a horse of a different color.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Bud is not very good, I just don't like it. I wouldn't take a free one, and have actually turned down a few, would be a waste of beer, so I just tell them to give it to someone that will drink it... :cool:
I will drink a Bud Light, but like all "Light" beer, it tastes like they have mixed it with a real beer, 75% beer & 25% water.
But at least it doesn't taste bad.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.