Shiner Hefeweizen

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Shiner Hefeweizen

Post by Niner » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Picked up this six pack of six different beers from Spoetzl brewery in Shiner Texas. First one I sampled is called Shiner Hefeweizen. It's a real upscale kind of beer. It's brewed with a hint of cloves, honey, orange and lemon peels. If that isn't enough it has an active yeast. You pour half a glass of cloudy brew , shake up the remains in the bottle and pour it in with the rest in the glass. It is suggested you add a twist of lemon.

Now if this isn't upper crust and non working class I don't know what is. But... it isn't bad. Just not the kind of beer you would throw down while watching a ball game. Least not me....unless somebody else were buying.

http://www.shiner.com/

Hefeweizen (Hef-ay-vite-zen) recalls the classic beers of Bavaria as a true unfiltered wheat brew. This beer captures old-world Munich Malt, wheat grist used in a scant 1% of all brews worldwide, orange and lemon zest in a frothy classic example of bottle-conditioned beer. Adding clover honey and yeast just before it's bottled touches off a unique, secondary fermentation process inside every keg and bottle before its final release from the brewery.....
Attachments
full.jpg
DSC01929.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Shiner Hefeweizen

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:54 am

Reminiscent of a Red Bass or a Worthington White Shield .
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.