K 11 range report

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

aprayinbear
Regular visitor

K 11 range report

Post by aprayinbear » Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 am

I've always wanted a K31, but when I found this K11, with excellent bore, matching #'s and at a great sale price, my mind was made up. When my rifle arrived I found it to be just as advertised ( purchased from Simpson's Ltd.) , complete with sling and muzzle protector. My next chore was to reload some suitable ammo before I could head to the range.

Using Lee 7.5 x 55 dies and Prvi brass, I loaded Hornady 180 gr BTSP bullets over a beginning load of Varget. Shooting from bags & bench at 50 yards, my first 5 shots grouped at just under 1". The others shots pictured were shot off-hand standing from the same distance. The action was smooth and the trigger was excellent. I am certain that with a little effort this rifle will shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards. Needless to say I am pleased.

As seen on the pictured target I aimed approximately 5" below center to allow for the short distance. My aging eyes handled the sights relatively well, but I would like to find one of the wider sight blades.

My K11 is pictured alongside two of my favorites; my Husqvarna 20B double and Lyman Great plains .50. What's not to like!

Shoot Safe, Shoot Fun, Shoot Often, Shoot Tens !
:AUS: :GBR: :IRE: :CAN: :FRA: :NET: :SWI: :SCO: :USA:
joseyclosey

Re: K 11 range report

Post by joseyclosey » Mon May 27, 2013 6:40 am

Looks like you have a sweet load, I still regret selling my K31 though I do enjoy shooting my 96/11. :D

We had a wee cast bullet fest at our 25m indoor range last week useing suitable downloads.

My effort with the 96/11.
Attachments
cas bull comp 001.JPG
cas bull comp 001.JPG (92.15 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
cast bullet day 008.JPG
Karl/Pa.
Leading Member

Re: K 11 range report

Post by Karl/Pa. » Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 am

Great catch on the K11. Got to get the daughter K31 now.
Karl

Medicare Life Member

Ban grated cheese. Make America grate again.