K31 soldier tag

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

goldntroll

K31 soldier tag

Post by goldntroll » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:09 pm

HI EVERYONE ....NEW TO THIS POST

I have had in my possession a K31 for some time but just found out about the paper tag under the butt stock....so I took a look and there one was....but understanding it has drove me nuts....help would be appreciated :D

for some reason I can't upload the tag pic....help
Attachments
my solder tag
my solder tag
Niner
Site Admin

Re: K31 soldier tag

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Welcome to the site. Those tags are interesting finds for sure. Here is the page that tells you about how to read it.

http://www.swissrifles.com/sr/tags/

I'll attach an image of a tag in a K31 I own.

Yours looks to have belonged to a guy living on Paradiesstrasse (street) in Riehen Switzerland. Check out Google Earth.
Attachments
img627.jpg
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:25 pm

My K31 has a tag. I was told it was issued to a cook in a bicycle regiment. The top line is his rank, name and year of birth, in this case 1929. The middle line is the unit he was in and the bottom line is his home address. Some people have made contact with the old soldier. Mine will be 87 this year if he is still around.
Regards
Peter.
goldntroll

Post by goldntroll » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:22 pm

thanks paradies was closer and I thought it was Richen Germany......oooops I was wrong

Thanks again I will see what I can find also under the dirt mark the street address was 39 :bigsmile: