Head count

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

ArchFluffy

Head count

Post by ArchFluffy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:14 pm

So does anyone else here have any Swiss rifles?

Here are some of mine.

-ArchFluffy
PeterN2

Re: Head count

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm

I have a 1943 date K31. This was put through a refurb in 1957. It has the tag under the butt plate.
It has a neat repair to the woodwork under the serial number on the left side of the stock. It came with the sling.
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm

I've got a K31. Got it in 2002. Haven't fired it in probably six or eight years. The ammo is a little on the expensive side. But... I remember it shooting pretty straight and feeling all quality in design and manufacture. I don't remember it kicking near as hard as the Mausers and Enfields and Nagants. Love the smooth straight pull bolt, the beefy front sight ears, and the extra engineering side bolt lock.

The buttstock is scared up a bit. The story was that the Swiss soldiers had to train in the snow with their boots hobnailed. Between the butts resting on the ground in the snow and boot contact... the scar evidence could be seen on most surplus guns. Maybe so...maybe internet palaver.

Mine has a name and address under the plate too. Looked it up on the internet once. Looked like some fairly modern apartments.
Attachments
rack.jpg
butt stock marks.jpg
49.jpg
top.jpg
side catch engaged.jpg
side catch unlatched.jpg
under plate.jpg
tag.jpg
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:35 am

I had this 96/11 for a number of years until I swapped it last year for a Parker Hale 451 Volunteer. My friend who owns it now calls it his laser rifle, it is a very accurate weapon.

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm

I have none BUT I just put a bid in for this............. :shock: :shock:

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Carabine-repeti ... 62763.html

I also just bought this
Swiss Magazine Loading Rifles 1869 to 1958, 2nd ed Author: Joe Poyer.

Always fancied one and there are some good prices currently on NaturaBuy. PRVI Partizan ammo - €1,00 / £0.87 / $1.07 a round! but IF I bought one I would reload for it. :D :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 am

I have a K31 and it is very accurate but it doesn't get much use, probably because of early associations I prefer the SMLE (after all I've slept with an SMLE :D ).
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Fantastic rifles, gang! That's a beauty Peter :shock:

They can really be lot of fun and sure get some attention at the range. I'm glad that Duncan is even feeling the love.

A K31 was the first rifle I ever owned. I just kept getting more of them. :roll: I was never really into firearms but would tag along with family when they went shows and I'd mostly check out the surplus gear and antiques and stuff (free jerky samples! Yum!). Then one day I saw this strange Swiss rifle and that got me started.

-ArchFluffy