M1886 Lebel wood needed

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

M1886 Lebel wood needed

Post by deadin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 pm

1st - What would be the odds on finding wood for a M1886 Lebel? (primarily a forestock, but a buttstock would also be nice.)

2nd - What be the chance of importing it to the States?

and finally 3rd - At what cost.....???

Dean
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: M1886 Lebel wood needed

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Check these out! If they are waht you want let me know PDQ and I will buy them for you. We can sort out the rest later.
http://www.naturabuy.fr/Crosse-lebel-Ml ... 43587.html

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fut-bois-avant- ... 52443.html

:FRA: :FRA:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Re: M1886 Lebel wood needed

Post by deadin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:21 pm

OUCH!! 150 Euros? That's twice what I paid for the rifle! :shock: No wonder I've been having trouble finding parts..

Actually a little over 1/2 of the forestock is still there. Somebody just shortened it back to just ahead of the tubular magazine.. Didn't touch the barrel and even moved the front band back, so I don't need metal. The buttstock is usable but it looks like the same someone removed the cosmoline (or whatever) with a wood rasp. (or, maybe with an angle grinder... :evil: )

I know a wood worker here in town that thinks he can duplicate the missing bit and then splice it in under the middle band. Might lose some capacity in the magazine, but I'm not planning to go into battle with it... ;)

Thanks for checking for me.
Dean