Diopter party

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

ArchFluffy

Diopter party

Post by ArchFluffy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:56 pm

The Swiss love marksmanship and shooting matches so several types of diopter have been developed for competition.

The type often encountered is the Type "K" made by Waffenfabrik (WF)for the K31. It clamps onto the rifle front sight and receiver with no alteration needed. This particular one has an adjustable iris added.

Here you can see it clamped onto a K31. That red sticker you see on the hand guard means that the rifle was approved for competition.

Some K31s were made for the private market or later altered and had a dovetail cut into the left side of the receiver for a diopter as seen here.

WF isn't the only option available if you are interested. Here is a more modern one made by Wyss. I think it's called the model "W". Notice that it can be adjusted forward and backward for eye-relief. This one has an adjustable iris and color filters added. Fancy. There is even a type made here in the USA called a model P/S.

"But, ArchFluffy, what if I'm left-eye dominant?" Then you can left-eye DOMINATE!

And before you ask, yes, your PE90 assault rifle is covered too.

Um, if your rifle predates the K31... Enjoy your vintage rifle the way it is :)

-ArchFluffy :SWI:
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Diopter party

Post by Niner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Great information there Arch. I haven't looked for the add on sights for my K31...... but..... I got a feeling they may be more money than the rifle was. But considering the price of the ammo.... acquiring one might justify the added expense to improve shooting accuracy. :D
ArchFluffy

Re: Diopter party

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:01 am

Thank you!

Yes, when I find these things the prices are always more than the rifle. :loco:

-ArchFluffy