Swiss sight corrector

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

ArchFluffy

Swiss sight corrector

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm

No, not glasses, silly!

Hey, the Swiss love their riles and had lots of sight corrector stuff and things. ahhh! This is my thrird time truing to get this thing posted and i'm tired of it!

*Deep Breath* Okay, I can do this!

The Swiss are pretty obsessed with marksmanship and so it shouldn't be a surprise that there are lots and lots of sight correctors out there. Oh, and keep in mind that the Swiss obligatory shooting takes place at 300M so you'll see that number a lot. These are for the K31.

That's the Furter. It adjusts for windage and elevation each click being 2cm at 300m. You push out the pin and replace the whole rear sight with this thing. It's the only sight corrector approved for military service. It rocks and is highly recommended by Fluffy. With this one you can shoot POA POI at 100 yards! So if you don't have a long range (100 and 200 is all I have) then this is great. And of course you can go further with it.

Grünel (I've seen it spelled lots of ways) also offers elevation and windage at 5cm at 300m. You do need to use the attachable higher front sight blade though. But you get sight blades of different widths to insert into it. Cool. I like how it looks.

The Girex was the first I ever got and it came on the second rifle I ever bought. It started me collecting these things. It's stealthy. Elevation 4-5cm at 300m

The Salhi is also elevation only 2cm @ 300m.

It's a Tip Top. It has a tip at the top. 2.5@300. Kind of boring looking on the rifle.

It's a Hammerli. These guys make tons of firearm stuff. Windage 3cm @ 300. I don't own one. Aww

The Hoff. So... it's sort of a shim that moves POI 6cm at 300m? Not the best piece of KITT. ;)
No, I don't have one.

There are more. Many more. But I thought I'd give you a taste.

Whew! :SWI:

-ArchFluffy
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Swiss sight corrector

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Great post Arch, thanks............
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:13 pm

I second what Duncan says. Very interesting post.

Did the Swiss ever produce a peep sight?
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:56 pm

I can't think of one from era of the K31 and before. They used diopters on their later stg57 and stg90.

I look with envie at other peoples milsurps that have adjustable sights (ring and otherwise) while at the range. How wonderful it must be! :cry:

-ArchFluffy
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 am

I've never seen any of those before, thanks for sharing Arch.
Joe
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:38 am

I think that they are pretty cool.

A Furter, Grunel, and Girex are on my K31s but here are some that are not mounted.

You can recognize the Sahli and TipTop from the list. I don't know the names of the other two. The one at bottom center goes below the issued sight and turning the knob draws the two wings together to raise the sight. The one at right (I call it the cricket) also goes under the sight and turning the knob opens up its springy body to lift the sight.

That sight blade is one of the ones you can install in the Grunel.

Meow

-ArchFluffy
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm

!Update!

K31s are not the only Swiss rifles that have sight correctors. Here is a REGULA on my 96/11. It goes under the rear sight where turning it will raise or lower the sight. You can see that it is marked for the G11 (a rifle with the same specs this one was upgraded to).

Recently, I found a Furter sight designed for the 96/11. It is like the one for the K31 but longer and with a different slider. 300M min setting.

Here it is installed but without the slider to try to lower the sight as much as possible. I only have a 200 yard range.

Now I just need some cooler weather for a range trip :lol:

-ArchFluffy