D.T.L

Shotguns for clay, fur, feather and all other applications. New or old. Expensive masterpiece or plain and practical.

Moderator: blackisler

blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

D.T.L

Post by blackisler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Any one else try the D.T.L discipline in clay shooting,
I tried it for first time at a competition yesterday and found out that I am not that good at it only hit ten out of twenty five .
The shotgun I was using was my sporter and A coach who was watching said after that most of my shots was over the top due to the fact of "blanking " the clay as I would normally do at a sporting comp
Has any one else found this and what did you do to correct it ???
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: D.T.L

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:22 pm

I sold my O/U and bought a semi-auto - now I only have one barrel I can miss more efficiently :lol: :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
PeterN2

Re: D.T.L

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:10 pm

I have shot a bit of DTL over the years. I got reasonably good at it 30 odd years ago but could not afford to keep up with the practice to stay good. My best score was 99/295, I missed one and second barreled two out of 100, so 97 first barrel kills. I also shot a 96 at the English open single barrel competion and won C class. I shot two rounds of 23 and finished with 50 straight. Nowadays, I only shoot it occasionaly and average about 22 ex 25. I am still using the same Miroku 3800 trap gun that I bought new in 1977.
Regards
Peter.