Plain and Practical...

Shotguns for clay, fur, feather and all other applications. New or old. Expensive masterpiece or plain and practical.

Moderator: blackisler

NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Plain and Practical...

Post by NLMosin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Heres my 'under the bed' Mossberg 500ATP. Round here its what the cops had jammed between the front seats of their cruisers back in the 80's. This one I got from the owner who never took it out of the box. I've run some slugs out of it at the range and its not too bad at 25 yards. Its about as plain as you get. Not a finish on it anywhere. With the long tube its a 7+1. It has rifle sights and swivel sling mounts. You can even drive nails with it! :lol:
500ATP.jpg
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol:
dhtaxi

Re: Plain and Practical...

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:30 pm

You are building up quite a collection there Nick. I hope you are shooting them all. :razz:
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:58 pm

I've got a Remington 870 Express that I have some buckshot shells for in a handy place. Doesn't hold as many shells as the tactical version ...and it's longer. But.. it does have a nice laminated stock and a sight rib and I think if couldn't shoot somebody close up in a couple of tries the somebody I was trying to shoot would probably shoot me so I don't need much of a magazine. If I wanted to go hunting with it , it has a nice cushion on the butt stock and would answer quite nicely. Sure beats that old goose gun I've had since I was a boy. Nice mat finish to the metal too. I've got a couple different chokes for it too. That old goose gun wouldn't take a choke. And I paid less than $300 for it new.
Attachments
DSC01179.jpg
DSC04223.jpg
DSC04224.jpg
DSC04225.jpg
NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Post by NLMosin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 pm

Nice 870! As you know there is a long going debate about the 870 vs. the 500. I happened upon this 500 or I might have ended up an 870 owner. Both have their good and not so good points. Mine has a five shot sleeve on the stock with five 00 buck shells. I added a heat rail to it and a shoulder saver...pathetic getting older isnt it...

Says a lot that you took the shots of your 870 on the bed spread. Mine leans against the side of the headboard. Seems like a 12ga. only makes it to the safe if its for clays. I hope to never have to use it. Doesnt mean I dont practice though. :cool:

I shoot them all Dave save for Type 38 and 99 Arisakas I have. I dont trust either one of them enough to take the chance. Or is it that the ammo is two bucks a shot!? ;)
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol: