A CLEANING TIP............

Shotguns for clay, fur, feather and all other applications. New or old. Expensive masterpiece or plain and practical.

Moderator: blackisler

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

A CLEANING TIP............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:16 am

Some of you may already do this but in case it helps someone I will post it.

When I have finished my day's clay shooting ( I don't hunt in any form) I always pull my barrels through a couple of times with this kit. Very easy to make and VERY effective in cleaning the bores.
IMG_5288-web1.jpg
IMG_5288-web1.jpg (77.79 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
As you can see it is an empty brass case on a length of cord that has a loop at one end. Into the loop put a nylon stocking or the leg cut from a pair of nylon tights. Here I must stress that it a good idea to tell the wife; a) WHY you have tights/nylons in your possession and b) That you only use ones that are thrown away - not from the neighbours washing line :roll:

The abrasive nature of the nylon will take away most of the dirt from the bore and thus make final cleaning whan you get home and find the time to do it so much easier. The same principal can be used on rifles and pistols by reducing the size of the piece of nylon and of course , the pullthrough :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.