ANY THOUGHTS ON THE FOLLOWING?

Shotguns for clay, fur, feather and all other applications. New or old. Expensive masterpiece or plain and practical.

Moderator: blackisler

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: ANY THOUGHTS ON THE FOLLOWING?

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 am

The Miroku is now in the post to the guy and I am hoping for the Benelli to arrive on Friday / Saturday so I can try it on Saturday afternoon :D
Meantime here is a photo of one so you can drool a bit more Robert :roll: :roll:
Attachments
monte web.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 am

Just so as the Scots know what's happening :cool: :cool:
My Miroku arrived with the Benelli owner yesterday and he sent me an e.mail last night saying " I have received your shotgun and it is magnificent"
He has posted the Bellini today and I hope to have it by Saturday which will just be in time to take it to the club and try it out ;)
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:56 pm

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Well, it arrived in the post this morning, just in time for me to take it to the Clay club and give it a try out!

WHAT A JOY IT IS TO SHOOT!

I scored better with the first 2 x 25 bird DTL's than I have for the last 12 months with the Miroku :roll:

Pics to fo9llow when I have a few minutes to do them.
Duncan

DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Took these today, it's a great bit of kit. The only downside to it is that it has been used for hunting and the sling attachment on the butt has marked the wood. Not sure how I am going to fix that yet but I will :) :)

Duncan

blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Thats is a real nice gun would liketo see some pics of you using it at the clay range
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:04 am

Having shot again yesterday I decided to fully strip the gun to see how easy it was to do and to make sure it was good and clean. French hunters are notorious for not looking after or cleaning their guns :roll:

Anyway, it was almost like stripping a FAL, easy and to my surprise, clean.

Thought you might like a photo Robert!

I can also report that I have improved my DTL scores quite a bit so I might even enter the Gironde Championship DTL shoot in March :shock:

Duncan

DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Taken today in the garden where I was pattern plating the Benelli and the Greener at 35 mtrs (40 yards). Ammo, 7½ Lead Shot on a 32 gram load.

The Benelli is limited to 3 shots, 0ne in the breech and two in the magazine. This is a sequence firing all three............. :lol:
Duncan

Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Sweet Duncan. Wish I could test fire a shottie in the backyard.

BTW - what is that vertical line ? Behind your right shoulder in the first photo, missing in the second, behind your right head in the third ?
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey...Woftam was paying attention. And what is that thing? Looks like a telephone pole that seems to come and go.

Looks like whoever took the photo was good at getting the shell cases flying in the air.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 am

BTW - what is that vertical line ? Behind your right shoulder in the first photo, missing in the second, behind your right head in the third ?
It's a power line pole. I cloned it out of the second pic and forgot about the other two. It's an age thing G :loco:
Looks like whoever took the photo was good at getting the shell cases flying in the air.
That's easy to do Robert. My canon has a sport mode which is a multiple exposure that tracks the movement/exposure of an item/person and predicts its focus before taking the shot. My pal Alain just focused on the ejection port, pressed the shutter button and I fired 3 shots - Simples!

This is the set up just before a local started working in the vines behind the plate. I had to reverse the layout before we could start shooting. The plate is 35 mtrs away. On the right is my workshop which is part of the barn and the wooden structure on the left is the pool. There is another 35-40 mtrs behind where I took the photo.

Duncan