Anyone ever "hump" one of these?

This forum is a Moderator choice forum for moving posts that exibit particularly outstanding contributions of information about firearms. Only posts that move past the main page make it here for a second look by choice of the moderators.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta, Niner, joseyclosey, Miller Tyme, PeterN2, dhtaxi, Aughnanure, blackisler

Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:51 pm

I was still in training when that kicked off. I went for 4 months garrison duties about 3 years after the fighting which has never really legally been settled beyond the surrender of land based troops on the islands! We were on 1 hours notice for the whole stint and took full scale ammo and weapons just about everywhere. No R&R there and officially a 2 can limit!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:04 pm

"No R&R there and officially a 2 can limit!"

Must have a been a pretty dry tour, or was there "unofficial" cans to be had?

Joe ;)
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:34 pm

joseyclosey wrote:"No R&R there and officially a 2 can limit!"

Must have a been a pretty dry tour, or was there "unofficial" cans to be had?
Joe ;)
Beer being a bulk item was shipped in on boats once a month. The RAF choppered in a supply when the bar ran out twice in one month. The seniors turned a blind eye to it as beer was a form of currency among the bennies!

A bit difficult to go anywhere for R&R when it was 18 hrs flight from brize to MPA! Still a week in ascension in the sun may have been a nice thought!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com