Trafalgar Meeting pics

This forum is a Moderator choice forum for moving posts that exibit particularly outstanding contributions of information about firearms. Only posts that move past the main page make it here for a second look by choice of the moderators.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta, Niner, joseyclosey, Miller Tyme, PeterN2, dhtaxi, Aughnanure, blackisler

dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:32 am

How did you do David?
ImageImage
dbm
Regular visitor

Post by dbm » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:41 pm

I don't know where I finished yet.

Vintage breech loader was OK - only the third time out with it at 900 yards. I was shooting a Deeley-Edge-Metford; this is an original action that has had a new stock and Metford barrel fitted. The lock is dated 1878 but is to the 1873 patent. It is chambered for the .45-2.6 cartridge. I scored 49, two points behind the person I shot with who was using a Browning Hi-Wall in the same calibre.

Muzzle loading match was a struggle with good hits (nine shots in the black) but some inexplicable misses which hammered score. Still it was a good day out in the sunshine doing what I enjoy!

David
David Minshall - www.researchpress.co.uk
Firearms, long range shooting and associated history
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm

I have decided that I will try and make it over for the 2009 Meeting and it looks as though one of my friends from the club will also want to come. I have had an e.mail from Roger Speak, Firearms Liaison Officer, NRA with details of the Visitors permit and the 2008 fees so that is a start. If anyone can furnish me with any more details I would be much obliged.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Permits are pretty easy to get, you will need a European firearms pass and that soon may overule the firearms permit as it is unconstitutional under EU law. If I am around drop me a line and I can organise some pheasant shooting and roe and fallow stalking!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
PeterN2

Re: Trafalgar Meeting pics

Post by PeterN2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

I updated this to post the pics direct instead of the Photobucket links that don't work now.
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Trafalgar Meeting pics

Post by Niner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Good to see the photos again. Thanks for taking the time. Sad to see the old posts from guys who no longer visit the site from years before.