Webley & Enfield revolvers with accessories (image heavy)

This forum is a Moderator choice forum for moving posts that exibit particularly outstanding contributions of information about firearms. Only posts that move past the main page make it here for a second look by choice of the moderators.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta, Niner, joseyclosey, Miller Tyme, PeterN2, dhtaxi, Aughnanure, blackisler

OneFreeTexan
Regular visitor

Re: Webley & Enfield revolvers with accessories (image heavy

Post by OneFreeTexan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

Just discovered this thread. I have a Webley revolver, 38 caliber, 'tanker' model, bakelite grips with disc on right side. Is it possible to replace the hammer to it can be fired single action? Where would one find a hammer like that?
NRA Lifer
Drake
Regular visitor

Post by Drake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 am

OneFreeTexan wrote:Just discovered this thread. I have a Webley revolver, 38 caliber, 'tanker' model, bakelite grips with disc on right side. Is it possible to replace the hammer to it can be fired single action? Where would one find a hammer like that?
From your description you've got an Enfield No2 MkI* or a MkI**. The hammer from an earlier unmodified MkI will fit and function to restore single action firing - but those hammers are very scarce as the vast majority of MkI's were modified to double action only. A Webley Mark IV hammer will not fit, so don't waste your money.
OneFreeTexan
Regular visitor

Post by OneFreeTexan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:43 am

Thank you , Drake. Now I just need to find one of those triggers??
NRA Lifer
Drake
Regular visitor

Post by Drake » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:07 pm

OneFreeTexan wrote:Thank you , Drake. Now I just need to find one of those triggers??
You can use your existing trigger, you just need a MkI hammer with intact spur and single action notch. It's worth noting I have found MkI* revolvers with spurless hammers that still retain the single action notch. Real pain to get them cocked, though!
OneFreeTexan
Regular visitor

Post by OneFreeTexan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 am

Sorry, I meant 'hammer',,not 'trigger'. I'll check and see if mine has the single action notch.
NRA Lifer
OneFreeTexan
Regular visitor

Post by OneFreeTexan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:16 am

Just thinking, haven't checked for the single action notch yet, but I have a buddy who is a world class machinist. Wonder if he could modify and add a hammer spur??
NRA Lifer
Ali-Mac

Post by Ali-Mac » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi there

I am trying to import my grandfathers Webley Mk VI in .455 to the USA.

To do so it has to pass the infamous "Concrete drop test"

Does anyone know if this revolver has a hammer safety or similar that prevents the hammer engaging the round unless the trigger is pulled?

Alternatively how could I go about getting a safety similar to the singapore police version retrofitted?

The gun will be 100 years old in 2016 and I would love to have it here by then, he was issued it in WW1

A
parsonsba

Post by parsonsba » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi all.
I'm completely new to this forum and have a No.2 question.

I have inherited my grandfathers No2 Mk1** and the cam lever locking screw is missing. I would like to know where to either get one or need the screw size and length to make one.
Thanks
Brett
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Welcome to the site parsonsba. I don't know right off hand where you can find the part. I'd try Apex https://apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/56 as one source. Maybe somebody will see this post and have an idea where else you can look.