2005 British Army Service Rifle Meeting at Bisley

This forum is a Moderator choice forum for moving posts that exibit particularly outstanding contributions of information about firearms. Only posts that move past the main page make it here for a second look by choice of the moderators.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta, Niner, joseyclosey, Miller Tyme, PeterN2, dhtaxi, Aughnanure, blackisler

Strangely Brown

Safety

Post by Strangely Brown » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:04 pm

There you go Brian, Brewstop puts it in a very clear and precice way but ducks eloquently (if I may say so) away from saying that with civilian shooters you never know what you are going to get on the firing point in the way of morons!

I was actually asked by a bloke about four weeks ago to clear his weapon on the firing point only to find a round in the magazine, and he is still serving!

Whilst the majority of shooters are OK on the safety factor the odd problem does always seem to get through, and here I refer you to a young gunner in my regiment in 1973 who could not tell the differance between blank and live ammunition after serving the best part of a year.

Needless to say he got posted elswhere before we did our tour in NI.
Mick
Brian the Brit
Contributing Member

Range Safety

Post by Brian the Brit » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:49 pm

Brewstop/Mick,

Thanks, guys, for a brilliant explanation of army procedures.

This has developed into a very interesting and informative thread.

Brian