Sony HX20v

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Sony HX20v

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 pm

These new compact cameras are amazing for something you can put in your pocket. Tried out the zoom today at a baseball game. The only down side is that at long zoom through a foul ball screen with one and half inch mesh fifty feet away...it focuses on the net.

One of these is from my seat and shows a head just above the rail at the end of the first base side of the stadium. See the dark flag to the left in the extreme distance then look for the head that looks like a bump against the sky just above the rail as the target. Then I hit the zoom and snapped another photo. A little fuzzy .....but amazing from a camera as small and automatic as it is. Just look at the hair on that woman's head in the bottom of the photo. .....Although she is probably twenty feet nearer the camera than the man is....but..... so what considering the camera is still probably 175 feet from her?
Attachments
net.jpg
headbump.jpg
headbumptwo.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Sony HX20v

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Here is another view of the man and the woman at the long distance before the zoom and cropped from the longer view photo.
Attachments
betterview.jpg
betterview.jpg (96.19 KiB) Viewed 1945 times