New camera

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Re: New camera

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Peter, while you are reading the book, just put the camera in "Superior Auto"....that yellow hand symbol. It is so program smart the rest of the choices can wait for experimentation.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Niner wrote:Peter, while you are reading the book, just put the camera in "Superior Auto"....that yellow hand symbol. It is so program smart the rest of the choices can wait for experimentation.
sorting good shots than

Yes, remember that most cameras contain more information about taking good images than you would learn in 3 lifetimes.............Start as Robert suggests and work up from there if you need to...........
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm at the beach. Here are a few snaps I took to see what the Sony 30x would do. See the orange and white umbrella through the bars in the railing? All photos taken from the same seated location...and through the bars of the railing. It loses resolution out at the far end ....but for a compact camera, what do you want?

I've got a new Canon that is 50x to this Sony compact's 30x. I'll try it while I'm at the beach.
Attachments
DSC00406.JPG
DSC00407.JPG
DSC00408.JPG
DSC00409.JPG
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Here are a couple that will give you more of an idea of they reach of this compact camera. See the white building in the center of the image? See the small figure on top of the building? See the next picture? Same figure. Taken from the same spot about 100 plus yards away. All he did is turn around before walking away. Photo's taken hand held while standing in water pulling sand out from under my feet.
Attachments
DSC00443.JPG
DSC00444.JPG
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Here are a few with the Canon SX50HS. The original images were 4000 pixels now reduced to 1000 wide. Note the red/pink roof on the sun tent just above the middle palms. Then look to the first blue cover to the right of it. Some distance for a hand held shot, I'd say when using the telephoto.

No photo corrections are done to any of these images. They were shot with just auto program. Didn't use the beach program to make the colors more vivid.
Attachments
DSC00469.JPG
tentfar.JPG
tent closer.JPG
tent closest.JPG