Images of places over time

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Images of places over time

Post by Niner » Sat May 17, 2014 9:10 pm

The other day...while playing with some B&W film... I was in the neighborhood of my grandparents old house. My mothers old "home place" . It was built some time just after the start of the 20th Century at my grandfather McGlinn's instigation. And... I went looking into an old family album to show photos taken in the front yard of that same house to post here to give a sense of light that made photos in long years ago and the same location now.

That goober with his shirt off made me want to go tell him to put a shirt on at least. Ghosts of my family linger here ..... The jerk. On the other hand it was only a house to him. :bigsmile:

Back in the day, few people had a camera that had a flash. Most family photos were made outside...with the sun to the photographers back being the general instruction.
Attachments
img494.jpg
113.jpg
204.jpg
117.jpg
07.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Images of places over time

Post by Niner Delta » Sun May 18, 2014 3:35 pm

In the third photo, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are the
little boy on the far left, your younger brother on right-front, and the other
2 boys are cousins.
Am I even close????

2nd guess.....You right-rear and brother right front. (matching outfits)

I love old family photos............. :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Your second guess is dead on. The other two are my cousins and brothers to each other. I was the oldest in that group...still am come to think of it. The taller of the two cousins was about a year younger than me. The youngest of the group was my brother who was about three and a half years younger than me.

The tike in the jump suit is me too. My parents and one of my mother sometime before she and my father were married.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Here are some really old photos from the same location. Kids...Agnes , Edna, Etta, and Eddie....I think. All of them have since grown old and died. Note my grandfather in the straw hat. Real dapper sometime around WWI, or just before, I'd guess.
Attachments
41.jpg
etta_22_months_mary_agnes_4_years.jpg
3.5_years_and_15_months.jpg