Delivering Tomorrow......

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Delivering Tomorrow......

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:08 am

Canon PowerShot SX60 HS

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product ... ification4

As I continue to suffer problems with my right arm and shoulder it is becoming more and more difficult to use my DSLR Canon EOD D60 . With the 18-270 mm Tamron lens it weighs about 1.3 kg - Soooooooooooo, I decided to see if the Canon SX50 HS would help to make things easy after seeing the results on Roberts camera.

I discovered that the new version of this camera - the SX60 HR had 16.1 mpixels and an amazing 130 X zoom lens and pretty well all the bells and whistles that I need plus it only weighs in at 650 grams. :razz: :razz:

IF it does satisfy the requirements then I shall have to consider selling the DSLR which would be a pity but necessary :(
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Delivering Tomorrow......

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I bet it will seem amazing because it is amazing what camera's can do now.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm

"IF it does satisfy the requirements then I shall have to consider selling the DSLR which would be a pity but necessary"

I would hope you're not saying that you don't expect your arm and shoulder to ever heal enough to hold the camera,
as that would not be good........ :shock:
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 am

From the current position it doesn't look that good to be honest. The next 10 weeks of physio may give me a better idea.
This is the main reason I have revised my interest in guns to British Military Rifles of the victorian era - I can bench rest shoot them and not get too much recoil :)
Aint life as bitch ?
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 am

I decided to compare the lenses of my Canon 60D and my new SX 60 HR which I received yesterday. The SX 60 was straight out of the box and set to AUTO - the 60D was set to P.
The two photographs are of the same place opposite the house

I am amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duncan

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am

At 1365 mm most images are going to come out like an Impressionist painting. However, the built in stability control is amazing. My Model 50HR can take a really good photo now and again. I like the image lock feature and sometimes you have to half depress the shutter button to get it to come to the best focus at a distance. Sometimes it won't know what object in the distance you are aiming at.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Long lens........................
Attachments
IMG_0444Aweb.jpg
Duncan