Kodak Tourist camera

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Re: Kodak Tourist camera

Post by deadin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:50 pm

That was quick! (and you're welcome...)

What's with the trumpets on the lower shelf? Are you some kind of a closet musician?

I spent 20 years in the Navy as a Musician. Played trombone and baritone. Sold my horn when I retired in '78 and haven't touched one since. Although a few years ago I thought it might be fun to have a Baritone to fool around with. Then I priced what they cost these days and decided it wouldn't be that much fun..........

Dean
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:25 pm

You might say I collect a few trumpets and cornets. I have one trombone but, although I got a learner book I can't get up much enthusiasm for it. But... it's fun to look at.
Attachments
DSC05370.jpg
DSC05371.jpg
DSC05372.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:29 pm

I just bought this one on ebay today. I wasn't going to buy any more horns for a while but this one goes with my King Super 20 trumpet. I couldn't resist a bid. I was surprised to get it as cheap as I did. I should be able to sell it for more than I paid for it....if I wanted to.

After I'm dead my family will be remembering me for a long time... and probably not all that fondly as they try to deal with the stuff I've collected over a lot of years.
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Well, this is a first for me. I don't think I've ever known a trumpet collector. 49 trumpets/cornets and one flugelhorn. ??
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Actually... a few more than that. The most of them didn't cost very much.
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Found another one!! It's amazing when you get to the back of shelves that haven't seen the light of day for years.

Ever use an Extinction Meter??
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 pm

I don't have one. It uses a selenium power doesn't it? Selenium is some kind of mineral that has a natural energy source that is supposed to last a long time but hooking it up 50 years ago in a camera now days generally means it doesn't work to give light readings. I understand it generally isn't the mineral losing power but the connections going bad. Many early cameras with built in light meters use selenium. I got a GE Selenium light meter that is only for looking at because of this. I got a Capital light meter that uses a battery and the battery is working, it's new, but the meter doesn't seem to be making any sense either. .
Attachments
DSC05405.jpg
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:06 pm

An extinction meter has no moving parts and no form of power, so they never wear out.
I found a post-war (made 1945-50) Argus A2B with an extinction meter (as I remember it cost me a whole $2)
I had to look up how they worked and it adds a whole new level of complexity to taking a picture.
I'll get some pics up tomorrow. It has a couple of other features that are kind of unique.
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:20 am

Here's a link to a description of the Argus A/A2 series. http://theargusa.com/index.htm
Download the free ebook. The one I have is the Post-War A2B Model.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:48 am

I got a Argus A2b. Did a post about it. Odd pin hole exposure guage. Really a Rube Goldberg invention.

http://www.milsurpafterhours.com/bb/vie ... gus#p51112