ME super Pentax

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

ME super Pentax

Post by Niner » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:23 pm

I bought one on ebay that turned out to be not working. The seller refunded my money. I rolled the dice again and got another. And... it works.. as I found out today. I also took along a new rubber eyepiece that I paid a grand total of $11.31 for so I could focus my early model Pentax camera's better. And.. I used 400 speed Kentmere for the first time.

Well.... the camera worked alright. It has a manual feature that allows you to adjust the shutter speed to whatever you want as priority as well as the Auto mode that you pick the aperture and the camera picks the shutter speed. There are two buttons on top of the camera that shifts the shutter speeds up and down in the shutter priority mode. The just ME .. no super.. doesn't have the shutter speed buttons.

The eye cup, which can be shifted around for right or left eye worked great too.

But... my film developing was crap. I had a hard time getting the 36 exposure roll on the reel in the dark bag. I managed to crinkle the film a place or two and when it went on the reel some of the film was apparently touching and cause development flaws as well as some trash from a snipped film end got mixed up in it as well. Oh well. It's an adventure.
Attachments
DSC05655.jpg
DSC05645.jpg
DSC05646.jpg
DSC05649.jpg
DSC05651.jpg
sample.jpg
sample2.jpg
damaged.jpg
sample3.jpg
sampple3.jpg
joseyclosey

Re: ME super Pentax

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:27 am

I do like the tap photo Robert and if you're having fun keep at it. :D
Joe
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: ME super Pentax

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:29 am

Performs well Robert, as Joe says, stick at it.
A little bird tells me I am going to come into a small collection of cameras soon so will keep you posted........
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.