The underwater camera housing

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The underwater camera housing

Post by Niner » Wed May 11, 2016 2:00 pm

I was looking at ebay and saw this Sony case for taking photos to 132 feet deep made for a Sony Cyber-Shot camera. Well I bid $5 and won it. Only thing is... the Cyber-shot cameras I own wouldn't fit in it unfortunately. So... back to the fleabay. According to the internet three different Sony camera's would work. They all three were small and had touchpad control features so the buttons on the outside of the underwater case would work. I ordered the top model Cyber-Shot 5x T200 for $30 in good condition with battery, image card, and battery charger. Good deal for cheap underwater outfit. But.. the T200 was a slightly larger body than what the case wanted to fit. So... back to the crap shoot camera source. This time for $28 I got a 3x Cyber-shot T 70 that was a slightly smaller case. And.... bingo.. this works. My $5 bargain has turned into. with the extra $5 shipping on the case I failed to mention.....a total of $68 for a curiosity I bought on a whim. But I have two camera's that work and an underwater case that might come in handy under certain circumstances.

The idea is to use it on the boat. I don't plan on doing any deep diving...or shallow diving for that matter. I might drop it over the side on a rope to see if I can take a video at some juncture. In any case the new match up seems to work just fine. Even takes .. good enough for show and tell.. photos through the plastic case.
Attachments
shinny.jpg
camera open front.jpg
first.jpg
back open.jpg
back.jpg
top.jpg
side.jpg
samera touch screen.jpg
example one.jpg
example two.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The underwater camera housing

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed May 11, 2016 3:25 pm

Try it out in someone's pool first Robert! :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.