Olympus OM 10

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Olympus OM 10

Post by Niner » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:41 am

Got another cheap charlie. Total cost $20. Bought as "unknown" as to if it worked or not. It's an Olympus OM10 from around 1979.

It is a smaller lighter camera than other Olympus SLR offerings. It has a few odd features. The most odd is the "manual adapter". The camera itself is set up as aperture priority with also a pure manual setting that isn't by itself a manual setting. However the attachment you see as a wheel on the front is for manual by shifting to allow you to pick yours shutter speed and adjust your aperture if you wish. It was an added cost feature and not all OM10's came with it. Another odd...but I think good feature... was a button on the shutter release side of the face of the camera for releasing the film to rewind. It turns to unlock. Not on the bottom as an often hard to press button.

Took it out for a test run using some 400 speed color film that came grattus with some other camera I bought. The film was of unknown date and no doubt long out of date. The only question was how long and what kind of negatives it would make.

I sent the roll off to Clark for the cheap development experiment, along with another roll of the same who knows age color film, shot in another camera. The other roll came out great as prints. It was 200 speed and shot in a Canon EOS 10s... the second of the two I bought as a bundle for $27.

The results with the OM10 were mixed. The good was that all of the exposures with various settings came out good enough to show an image. The bad was that the film produced a decided green tint due probably to age.
Attachments
front.jpg
top.jpg
shutter.jpg
Somewhat computer corrected
Somewhat computer corrected
Actual scan of print
Actual scan of print