Arrived yesterday..

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Arrived yesterday..

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:30 am

Arrived yesterday in an old camera bag. Don't think the camera works but the lenses seem good and the film is in date!! The Instructions are dated 1984 :cool: :cool:

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Arrived yesterday..

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:34 am

Put a battery in it and see what happens. If the camera doesn't work save the battery and get another relic that may work equal to the cost of the battery.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Just looked it up. There is good news and bad news.
All film transport on the T70 was powered—loading, advance and rewind. The continuous shooting rate, at 0.7 frames per second, was slower than rival motor drives, but the drive was nonetheless faster than most people could manually wind. To load the camera, the photographer simply had to pull the film leader out to an orange mark and close the back—the camera did the rest, loading the leader onto the spool, and advancing to the first frame automatically. All powered camera functions drew on two AA batteries in the grip. A built-in lithium battery (BR-1225 or CR-1220) was used to store user settings; the batteries lasted for about five years, and had to be replaced by a technician, since replacing them required partial dismantling of the camera body.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:45 am

Camera is dead, even with new batteries.
I have ordered a converter so I can mount the FD lenses on my 60D - the 35 / 70 mm might be good for portraits :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.