Pentax K1000

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Pentax K1000

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:41 pm

This is the camera I've owned the longest. I used it to take photos when my kids were little and took photos with it that I sold to a magazine and photos that I had printed and sold in a furniture store. All years ago. It's as simple as they get. All mechanical. No auto focus. No auto program of any sort. No auto film advance or rewind. It does have light member with a floating needle. You take your pick of shutter speed and couple with an aperture that will bring the needle to the middle or do the reverse setting the aperture. If you want flash... you have to add one to the shoe on top. The greatest SLR film student camera of all time. All metal body and built like a tank.

I put some film in it today and changed the button battery that runs the meter.
Attachments
DSC06439.jpg
DSC06440.jpg
img629.jpg
img621.jpg
img618.jpg
img607.jpg
img601.jpg
PeterN2

Re: Pentax K1000

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I still have my Pentax Spotmatic that I bought in 1970. I have not used it for a few years and when I last looked at it, it still has a half exposed roll of Kodachrome 64 still in it. I will have to finish the film even though I can't get it developed now.
Regards
Peter.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:12 pm

PeterN2 wrote:I still have my Pentax Spotmatic that I bought in 1970. I have not used it for a few years and when I last looked at it, it still has a half exposed roll of Kodachrome 64 still in it. I will have to finish the film even though I can't get it developed now.
Regards
Peter.
Yes you can Peter.
These people still do an excellent job http://www.peak-imaging.com/
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:15 pm

I just ordered some 120 B&W film because I am going to try my Yashica MAT 124 again. I have bought a roll of Ilford Delta 200 and 3 rolls of Fomapan 200 (Czech film) so will see if I still have the knack :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Good for you, Duncan. Some of the people in your photo club would be surprised to see the detail in a "real" photo taken with a camera producing a big negative image. A 120 negative that captures a well focused shot can produce more sharp detail than your average digital camera image can.