Bought this photo off of ebay

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Bought this photo off of ebay

Post by Niner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Not something I would do generally. Never did it before. But what drew me to it was that it was a 9th Division Vietnam news media handout from 1970 that I had seen before in what was probably the last Brigade publication. The photo I bought even came with the paper taped on description of the details on the back....same as some others I've seen from the time. It was interesting to me because the crop in the magazine was on the sides to make a vertical image, while in the handout the image was cropped at the top to make a horizontal image. Also... the image was lightened for the publication...probably to bring out the face of the soldier more.

Another thing that attracted me was that I was in one of the photos in the Brigade photo magazine.
Attachments
cover.jpg
book and photo.jpg
img688.jpg
text.jpg
text.jpg (22.75 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
img690.jpg
published.jpg