Fujica Half frame

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Fujica Half frame

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Added another half frame to the collection. Fujica, from the early 60's. More features than the Canon Demi and the Olympus Pen EE-2. It has a self timer...but doesn't work. Has a no battery meter like the others but works on selenium, like the others, which is a cross between a quartz crystal and kriptonite or something about as mysterious. It has a needle in the viewfinder that tells you what is going on with aperture and shutter in A for auto mode..or it used to.Now the needle moves mysteriously for no logical reason that I can figure. You can set both shutter and aperture or go Auto and let the camera do it's thing. It, like the others, isn't a "rangefinder" that you focus by lining up a split image. A tyro can follow the marks for closeup, group or infinity....or guess, but your eye doesn't do the focus but you make judgement on depth of field to be sure what you are interested in most is in focus. Sometimes the camera didn't seem to have anything in focus when I looked at a negative...possibly because I picked a too distant for the aperture shot....although the camera is wide angle in all respects and there is about a no way possible not to get something in focus. It's ok for a half century old mechanical film camera. Have to try it again sometime soon. Good toy for a trip to the park...and takes 72 images on a roll of film.
Attachments
example of wide open aperture good and bad.
example of wide open aperture good and bad.
DSC07163.jpg
DSC07164.jpg
front.jpg
back.jpg
top.jpg
3front.jpg
img857re.jpg
example.jpg
img842a.jpg
img834a.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Fujica Half frame

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 am

Wish I could find an Olympus Pen EE that was working - at a sensible price of course :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Fujica Half frame

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 am

The Pen half frames come up all the time for not much on ebay. I was watching a EE-3 last night that went for $17 plus $7 shipping. I didn't bid because I have a EE-2 and the only difference is an upgrade when using a particular matched flash. Of course one never knows how the selenium meter may be working.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-PEN-EE- ... 1438.l2649

Lot of different models over some years.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_Pen