Collecting old cameras

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Collecting old cameras

Post by Niner » Wed May 30, 2018 10:53 am

In any kind of collecting collectors fall into categories according to their collecting fascination. Like people that concentrate on Mosin Nagants there are camera collectors that only collect Leicas, or Kodaks, or broader but still narrow categories like Twin Lens Reflex. Me... I'm pretty much a generalist and want to try out different cameras that are in some ways different from others I have tried in some way or other. My major limiting factor is that they must be relatively cheap.

Here's a story that is interesting to me. A guy who has collected all his life and is now selling off the oldest and most expensive and concentrating on the most pedestrian consumer cameras. He says he is going to write a book.

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/0 ... ollection/