Remember cameras that use film?

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Remember cameras that use film?

Post by Niner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 am

These things are going the way of the VCR and the cassette tape player. Or, maybe like black powder shooting they will retain some charm for the art and craft of photography for generations yet to come. That's assuming somebody is still making print or slide film. However the slide projector is now out of business too as new production.

I've got some dark room stuff out in the garage....if the enlarger hasn't rusted itself to death yet it still may function. Of course, besides getting chemicals and paper I'd have to relearn how to develope film and make prints to ever use it again.
Attachments
cameras.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

The old and the new

Post by Niner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 pm

I have this digital Pentax Optio W20 that I take fishing with me. It is waterproof under water down to deeper than I'll ever go. I just wanted it to replace one that took a salt water dunk one day and self distructed.

I have an old Canon under water film camera too.

The Pentax takes a lots more photos. It's a lot smaller and lighter. And it doesn't need the heavy rubber band technology to keep the water out either. And best of all is that all I have to do is plug the card into the computer and there are my pictures to be seen and manipulated with software instead of trip to a photo developer and a wait to see if they screwed any of the photos up or not. A seriously large step forward in image making.
Attachments
lock.jpg
backstrap.jpg
back.jpg
front.jpg
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:35 pm

I still have a Mamiyaflex C2 120 roll film that I occasionaly use also a minolta 300 ,minolta700, olympus xa 35 mm film cameras and a vioghtlander vitomatic11 also 35mm plus an olympus E20P and an olympus 550sp digital that i use a lot will take pics of them when I can.

Rob :SCO:
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm annoyed. I've got a Kodak Autographic 'vest' camera (1917 Patent date) which I bought many years back for use with my 'Living History' kit, it was fine util a few years back, then bam! Suddenly nobody is making black and white 127 film (all at once, it seems) -Working from colour film doesn't quite work as it has 'unbloomed' lenses which gives it slightly different colour qualities compared to later cameras.

What a pain!

Tom.
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))